Monday, October 22, 2012

I watch terrible movies.

Sometimes one wonders where all of the movies with terrible trailers that come out and then disappear end up. Now I know. Crates of sloppily packed VHS tapes (possibly even BetaCams) are shipped directly to Cambodia where they are then beamed directly to my eyeballs. I watch them all, despite stewing in self-hatred the whole time.

So far I have seen (some maybe more than once):
Nowhere to Run- This is the worst movie that has ever been made.
Red Riding Hood- Brutal.
Country Strong- I am not ashamed to say I've now seen this one roughly three times and sometimes hum bits of the original score to myself.
Real Steel- When the son starts crying ring-side watching his father shadow box to inspire a robot, I want to jump off my balcony.
Law and Order Criminal Intent- This is on at least 22 hours a day in Cambodia. I black out and watch roughly 2 hours before my survival instincts kick in and I turn it off, so I'm listing it as a movie.
Sudden Death- Jean Claude VanDamme is the David Hasselhoff of Cambodia.

The good news is that this situation is making me watch way less TV, so I am becoming very smart and thin.


1 comment: